Finished in about: 2 to 2 1/2 hours, Servings: 4
- 12 chicken wings (seperated if preferred)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 cups cooking oil
- Combine flour, chili powder, salt and paprika in a medium mixing bowl.
- Toss chicken in the mixture, coat each wing evenly and place the wings on a rack in a single layer.
- Put the coated wings in the refridgerator for 60 to 90 minutes to allow the breading to stick on.
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot or in a deep fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Deep fry chicken wings until golden brown.
- Transfer the fried chicken wings to a rack or to paper towels to allow oil to drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in hot sauce, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until the ingredients are well blended and remove from heat.
- Place the fried chicken wings in a large bowl or plastic container (with a lid), drizzle in sauce and shake gently to coat the wings evenly.
- Transfer the buffalo wings to a serving plate. Serve with celery sticks and ranch dressing. Guten Appetit!