Preparation time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cups sifted flour Type 550
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Domino Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (opitional)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup warm water and yeast, stirring to dissolve yeast.
- Refrigerate mixture for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix flour, salt and sugar.
- With pastry blender or fork, blend in butter, until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center and pour in yeast mixture.
- Gradually blend the mixtures together; it will be loose and sticky.
- Gather dough onto floured surface and knead until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and place in lightly greased bowl.
- Chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to bake, roll dough into an oblong shape on a well-floured surface, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C)
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins (optional) and pecans (optional).
- Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Roll dough to form a jelly roll.
- With a serrated knife cut the roll into 1-inch slices.
- Place on greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart and allow to rise in a warm place about 30 minutes.
- Generously sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake in preheated 350° F oven for 22 to 24 minutes.
- Allow rolls to cool slightly on wire racks placed over waxed paper.
- Mix confections’ sugar and milk together until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over rolls and serve.